I work in the field of Software Engineering, with specific interests on extra functional properties and adaptation. In practice, I am currently researching into the following topics:
- Software modeling;
- Software Performance Analysis;
- Performance Antipatterns;
- (Performance) model-based run-time reconfiguration;
- Non-Functional Analysis of Context-aware systems;
- Bio-inspired paradigms for self-adaptive systems.
Since 2013, I also work in Bioinformatics research field.
I am a member of the Software Engineering and Architecture Laboratory and I belong to the following research groups:
- Quality of Service Group;
- Bio-inspired Software Engineering Group;
I am the Director of the University of L'Aquila Node of the InfoLife CINI Laboratorory. The laboratory deals with Bioinformatics and System Biology research topics.
I'm a co-Chair of the BISMA (Bio- Informatics, Statistics and MAthematics) Group, that is part of the TMS: thursday morning science, a research group <\p>
I'm a member of the Executive Committee of the DISIM Living Lab.
I am also a collaborator of:
- SENSO LAB at the Middlesex University, London, U.K.
- DEWS center of excellence of the University of L'Aquila
- iCARE ERC Proof Of Concept Grant, Proposal number 693680. (2016-2017)
- Data science analysis to determine the Influence of multiple conjoint mirnAs on caNcer diseAse: the DIANA project. - Azure Microsoft Research Award, May 2016 - April 2017.
- VISION ERC FP7 ideas Project -grant number 240555. (2010-2014)
- ARES: mirnAs' influence on canceR dESease (2015)- ISCRA Class C Projects (code: HP10CV8XPV).
- STEM and PROTEUS Language. Project in collaboration with Franco Raimondi- Middlesex University, London, U.K.
- PANDA-AEMILIA. Internal Project.
- CONNECT FET Project (Grant agreement no.: 231167) (2009-2012).
Strep Project - grant number 026955. (2005-2009)
- SIMPLICITY European Project - IST-2004-507558.
- MIUR D-ASAP (2008-2009), PRIN Project
- MIUR PACO PRIN Project (2008-2009)
- MIUR SAHARA 2002-2003, PRIN Project
- MIUR PERFORMANCE - Valutazione delle Prestazioni dei Sistemi Complessi: Tecniche, Metodologie e Strumenti. - FIRB Project
- EUR 12000 grant from the University of L'Aquila for the PERFCycle project.
- EUR 10000 grant for CARE-me that was chosen as one of the top business ideas presented from the project "RICOSTRUIRE – Trasferimento Tecnologico e creazione di nuove imprese nell'ambito delle tecnologie ICT avanzate applicate allo sviluppo economico e territoriale post sisma " (Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico-Programma RIDITT Rete Italiana per La Diffusione dell'Innovazione e il Trasferimento Tecnologico alle imprese). Care-me is the core-business of SMARTLY s.r.l. spin-off
- EUR 12000 grant by the Comitato Abruzzo, through the initiative Quick impact Project. On the list of projects funded in the first call, CARE–me occupies the fourth place on 18. The grant was a finantial support for the establishment of SMARTLY s.r.l.
- EUR 5000 grant from Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio della Provincia dell'Aquila for the realization of the project "CARE-me: non ti sCordARE di ME" whose aim is the realization of a prototype of a smart baby seat-care January, 2015.
- Best Paper Award: Performance modeling and analysis of context-aware mobile software systems.
Luca Berardinelli, Vittorio Cortellessa, Antinisca Di Marco. Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering.
Paphos, Cyprus, 22 - 26 March, 2010.
- Best Poster Award: Learning from the Cell Life-Cycle: A Self-adaptive Paradigm. Antinisca Di Marco,
Francesco Gallo, Paola Inverardi and Rodolfo Ippoliti, in: ECSA, pages 485-488, 2010.
Program and Organizing Commitee
- Program Co-Chair - 1st CINI InfoLife Laboratory Workshop.
- Program Co-Chair - 14th European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2017)
- Local Organization Chair - 8th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE2017)
- Co-Chair of First Italian Student Contest on Software Engineering (SCORE-it) at the 37th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE2015)
- Co-Chair - Special session on “the quest for case studies” within the 4th International Workshop on Principles of Engineering Service-Oriented Systems (PESOS 2012)
- The 23rd IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering
- The 1st International Workshop on Automated engineeRing of Autonomous and run-
tiMe evolvIng Systems (ARAMIS 2008).
- 40th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE2018) – DEMO and Poster Track;
- 2nd IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA 2018);
- 15th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communication (PERCOM2017-2018);
- 8th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE2017);
- Second International Workshop on domAin specific Model-based AppRoaches to vErificaTion and validaTiOn - AMARETTO 2017;
- International Workshop on Formal Engineering approaches to Software Components and Architectures, (FESCA 2014-2017);
- International Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (2009-2015);
- Wireless Sensor Networks Symposium - International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (2013-2014);
- International Workshop on Engineering Energy Efficient WSNs (EEEW 2014 and 2015);
- International Workshop on Principles of Engineering Service-Oriented Systems (PESOS 2013-2015 );
- IEEE Symposium on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE 2014) ;
- Workshop on Research and Use of Multiformalism Modeling Methods (WRUMMM 2012, 2014)
- European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2012)
- The Seventh International Conference on Software Engineering Advances (ICSEA 2012)
- 4th International Symposium on Applied Sciences in Biomedical and Communication Technologies (ISABEL 2011);
- 13th European Workshop on Dependable Computing (EWDC 2011);
- Special Session on "Quality and Service-Oriented Applications" of Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA) 2008 - 2010;
- International Conference on Global Defense and Business Continuity, ICGD&BC;
- International Conference on Digital Telecommunications (ICDT);
- International Conference on Intensive Applications and Services (INTENSIVE).
External reviewer for the following workshops and Conferences
- 8th IEEE International Symposium on High-Assurance Systems Engineering (HASE
- Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA2004 e WICSA2008);
- Workshop on Software Composition (SC 2005);
- Fifth International Workshop on Software and Performance (WOSP 2005);
- 2nd European Workshop on Software Architecture (EWSA 2005) Languages, Styles,
Models, Tools, and Applications;
- European Software Engineering Conference (ESEC) and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE) (ESEC/FSE 2005 and 2007 );
International Symposium on Component-based Software Engineering (CBSE);
- 21st Symposium on Applied Computing - Model Transformation track (SAC 2006);
- Automated Software Engineering Conference (ASE);
- ACM/IEEE International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and
- International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE)
- Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE)
Reviewer for the following Journals
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering.
- IEEE Internet Computing.
- ACM Computer Survey.
- ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive System.
- Springer Journal on Software and Systems Modeling.
- Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software.
- International Journal of Computing and Information Sciences.
- International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making.
- ACM Mobile Computing and Communications Review (MC2R).
- LNCS Proceedings on COGNITIVE BEHAVIOURAL SYSTEMS, CFP .