Bioinformatics - 6 CFU - a.a. 2017-2018
Bioinformatics page on DISIM Web Site
Friday 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. - email for appointment
office: Building A. Turing, second Floor
email address: email@example.com
Exam: homeworks; project and its discussion.
- Biological definitions and concepts (DNA, RNA, microRNA, Central dogma, mutations,…)
- Main biological on-line DB. Data extraction from such systems.
- Alignment algorithms and substitution matrix. Suffix Tree.
- Phylogenetic analysis. Algorithms to build Phylogenetic trees. Test and accuracy.
- Computation models for biological systems modeling. Petri Nets and Hidden Markov Model
- Technologies and languages: Python, Bio-Python e NEO4J
- Slides and some provided chapters
- Scientific papers, slides and other material
- Send me an email with name and course (e.g., master in Computer Science, etc)
Slides and teaching material
- [March 1st 2018] - Introduction to the course and to Bioinformatics. Cell Structure and Functions [slides]
- [March 2nd 2018] - MicroRNA. On-line DB.[slides]
- [March 8h 2018] - Mutations. Single Alignment. [slides]
- [March 09h 2018] - Petri nets for modelling and analysing Trophic networks [slides]
- [March 15h 2018] - Lesson Cancelled
- [March 16h 2017] - Substitution Matrix, PAM, BLOSUM, score schema for gap, exahustive and heuristic algoritm. [Slides publiced on march 8th]